About the Supplier Diversity Program
The Supplier Diversity Program performs a key role by providing supplier diversity outreach and educational programs. The program forms a connecting link between the University, the small business, minority owned and women owned business community, as well as, state and federal agencies.
The Supplier Diversity Program engages in a variety of activities to identify and encourage SBE's, MBE's, and WBE's, concentrated in the Newark and Essex County areas, to participate in the University's procurement process and to ensure continued growth of business opportunities.
- Host business opportunity fairs and networking events for the purpose of bringing SBE's, MBE's and WBE's on campus to meet University procurement personnel and end users.
- Establishes networks and alliances with other organizations committed to supplier diversity.
- Visit suppliers on site to determine capability of doing business with Rutgers-Newark.
On Campus Activity:
- Conduct workshops, and other activities to increase awareness of university's supplier diversity efforts.
- Arrange meetings between SBE, MBE or WBE with user departments.
- Maintains a statistical database on procurement activity. Issue statistical procurement reports to university administration, as well as state and federal agencies on SBE, MBE and WBE utilization.
For more information contact:
Back to Purchasing Home Page